Thank you for considering employment with the Allegany County Public School System. Teaching applications will be kept on file for the current school year and may be submitted at any time. Any previously submitted applications may be updated at any time. All applications will be deactivated annually, and you will be notified by email when this occurs. In order to be considered for a position, you must reactivate your application.
About the Application Process
The Allegany County Public School System will no longer be accepting applications for any position not submitted through the ACPS online recruitment system. The ACPS employment application contains several pages and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. You will have the opportunity to review and make changes to your application before submitting. Before you begin, be prepared with the following information:
- Username and Password - this will be created on your initial visit and will be needed each time you enter the system
- Email Address - this will be used for future correspondence (If you do not have an email address, you can get a free one from providers such as Google Mail, Yahool Mail, or Hotmail)
- Social Security Number - this will be used for background checks and payroll purposes
- References (minimum of 3) - this information may be used to verify your employability (Include current address, phone number, and email address for all references)
- Previous Work History - this information may be used to verify your employment history and employability (Include dates of employment, current company name, address, phone number, and supervisor's name and email address)
Note: If you close your browser before receiving a confirmation screen at the end of each section, all data entered since the time of your last confirmation will be lost.
How to enter the Allegany County Public Schools Recruitment System
Certificated Employees Only - This includes teachers, coordinators, counselors, psychologists, and media specialists.
If you are currently a certificated employee on a continuing contract with the ACPS, you must first create an Internal Account by clicking here. Once you have created your Internal Account, you may click on this link to enter the Allegany County Public Schools Recruitment System on your next visit and you will be able to see transfer positions that are currently posted.
Note: If you are a teacher on a one-year only contract, a substitute teacher, or a local substitute teacher, please follow the instructions listed in the section below.
All Other Employees and Applicants
Once you enter the system you will see a list of all current job postings. New positions are posted as they become available. You will have the opportunity to search postings and filter for specific positions that interest you. Click on the position title for more information about the specific position and to apply for the position. Certificated employees have the ability to create a general application that may be stored on the ACPS system to be retrieved at any time for specific job openings.
The ACPS online recruitment system provides the opportunity for potential applicants to receive weekly email alerts of current job openings and transfer positions for current employees. Once you have created an account, by signing up for email alerts you will receive an automated email over the weekend for any jobs posted during the previous week. Typically, new positions are posted for a minimum of 8 days and transfer positions for 3 days.
Important Notice for All Applicants
- The Allegany County Public Schools, upon employment, utlizes CJIS to complete background checks.
- Allegany County Public Schools will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Allegany County Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require special accommodations as an applicant, please contact the Human Resources Department at:
- Phone: 301-759-2035
- Fax: 301-759-2087
- Email: Jobs@acps.k12.md.us
- Address: 108 Washington Street, Cumberland, MD 21502
Click here to enter the ACPS online application system.